The Advisory Board
The Advisory Board consists of a diverse set of stakeholders representing social cultural groups, and scientific disciplines.
Members from major organizations providing funding for community-wide initiatives to bridge the word gap, national educational programs focused on improving the outcomes of young children growing up in poverty, and organizations focused on engaging parents in promoting children’s early development:
Representatives of national level program efforts
- Anne Duggan, Director of Home Visiting Research Network
- Benard Dreyer, President, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Kara Dukakis, Too Small to Fail
- Judith Jerald, Senior Early Childhood Director of Save the Children
- Jennifer Kotler, Vice-President of Sesame Workshop
- Joan Danaher, Early Childhood Technical Assistance (ECTA) Center
- Tony Raden, Senior Vice President of The Ounce.
Representatives of private foundations and major publishers
- Jill Gilkerson, Research Director, LENA Foundation
- Melissa Behm, Vice-President of Brookes Publishers.
- John Colombo, Cognitive Neuroscientist
- Margaret Burchinal, National Center for Early Development and Learning
- Cynthia Garcia-Coll, Developmental Psychology
- Roberta Golinkoff, Education, Psychology, Linguistics, Cognitive Science
- Kathy Hirsh-Pasek, Psychology
- Catherine Snow, Developmental Psychology
- Dana Suskind, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Director, Thirty Million Words Initiative
- Patricia Kuhl, Speech and Hearing
- Kim Boller, Developmental Psychology
- Sandy Waxman, Psychology
- Cynthia Stringfellow, Senior Vice President Educare Network
- Steve Warren, Speech, and Language
- Barry Zuckerman, Pediatrics.